Interleaf/Word Comparison

Subject: Interleaf/Word Comparison
From: Darran Bogden <bogdendp -at- BMTS -dot- COM>
Date: Sun, 25 May 1997 17:23:40 +0100

For those of you struggling with the Interleaf/Word tool issue.

**********************
alicemcd -at- genesis -dot- HQ -dot- ileaf -dot- com (Alice McDougall) wrote:

I am the Product Marketing Manager for Interleaf's publishing
products and was recently passed a "cry for help" from you
to justify Interleaf vs. MSWord within your company.

We have had many similar requests from customers and our
sales people. So we did an analysis and wrote a paper comparing
Interleaf to MS Word (I used I6 Windows 95 in comparison
with MS Word 7).

Interleaf 5/6 is not intended to compete with, but rather,
complement MSWord. Anyone who has used Interleaf and MSWord
to create lengthy documents understands the differences
between the products. But for those who have not had the
experience, the paper outlines Interleaf's key areas of
strength over MS Word. We also did some benchmarking of
opening, saving, etc. documents of different sizes and
complexity.

I would be happy to provide the document to you. I think
you would find it helpful.

Alice McDougall"

Regards,

Darran Bogden
bogdendp -at- bmts -dot- com

(I'm NOT affiliated with Interleaf in any way. I just _use_ it. I use
MS Word, too, BTW, but only on little stuff...)