Need Troubleshooting advice

Subject: Need Troubleshooting advice
From: Kristy Astry <kastry -at- CJDS -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 22 May 1997 12:21:10 -0500

Greetings all, decloaking from usual lurk mode to pose the question "How
do I convince my company that creating/distributing/maintaining a
troubleshooting guide to our software is a good idea?"

Believe it or not, certain influential people at my co. see a
troubleshooting guide as an airing of our weak points, and refuse to do
so because they say it'll get into the hands of our competitors who will
use them against us in a sales shootout. (whew, taking breath at this
point.)

I say posh! Why not help the user help him/herself? If a competitor holds
up these fixes as "weaknesses", what then is s/he hiding about his/her
product? Please reply privately your positive and negative experiences.
Thanks.

P.S. The question at this point is NOT how to create or distribute said
troubleshooting.

Kristy Lantz Astry
Columbine JDS
kastry -at- cjds -dot- com