Re: Sex discrimination (was Who are we?)

Subject: Re: Sex discrimination (was Who are we?)
From: Richard Yanowitz <ryanowit -at- NYCT -dot- NET>
Date: Thu, 22 May 1997 11:45:26 -0400

At 11:14 AM 5/22/97 -0400, JIMCHEVAL -at- AOL -dot- COM wrote:
>(for a long time, the head of Chase's Corporate
>Operations and Systems group was a woman.)

I have no idea what the industry-wide patterns of discrimination are
(though I have my guesses), but I would note that Chase is supposed to be
unsual in its favoring of affirmative action at all levels and has won
awards for its diversity. (I noticed the diversity myself when
contracting there.)

This says nothing about what other companies may or may not do.
Richard Yanowitz, NYC
ryanowitz -at- bigfoot -dot- com

Freelance writers (including tech writers): join the National Writers Union
Web site: http://www.nwu.org/nwu/
E-mail: nwu -at- nwu -dot- org