Re: A clue on HTML Help (long)

Subject: Re: A clue on HTML Help (long)
From: Bill Bledsoe <Bill -dot- Bledsoe -at- CMS-STL -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 21 May 1997 15:57:22 -0500

Stephen Victor wrote:

> Bill Bledsoe wrote:

<CHOPPED TO PASS THE BANDWIDTH SAVINGS ON TO YOU THE CONSUMER>

> How is licensing handled for distributing the browsers? MSIE is free,
> so maybe no licensing is necessary, but for most people Netscape isn't
> free. Do you distribute a browser with your help files, or do you
> assume people already have one?

Welp... get out yer checkbook... ;-) Currently, We're buying everyone
a copy of Netscape Navigator, with the subscription option to
Communicator when it comes out. I think though... you might see a
"freeware" version of Netscape Navigator hitting the market sometime...
but again this is PURE SPECULATION on my part... not based on any fact
whatsoever. The good news is that they give great volume discounts
right now.

> By the way, thanks for the clue, Bill.

Pro Noblem amigo... just hope that everyone else keeps throwing their
$.02 worth in on the subject... that's the only way we'll all be able to
keep up with this mess... myself included!

cheers,
Bill Bledsoe
Senior Technical Writer - CMS
Bill -dot- Bledsoe -at- cms-stl -dot- com or intlidox -at- anet-stl -dot- com
webmaster: St. Louis Chapter - STC
<http://www.stc.org/region6/stl>

"I'm out on a limb where the fun begins"
Adrian Belew/The Bears