Re: Transparent GIF's

Subject: Re: Transparent GIF's
From: "Ivie, Guy" <GuyI -at- CORPMAIL -dot- FOLLETT -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 16 May 1997 09:05:00 PDT

Christine,

If I remember correctly, the 89a format supports transparency; the other
one does not.

If any tool can do batch conversions, it would be DeBabelizer. However, I
think it's only available on Macs. I'm not saying I know for sure this
tool can do this type of batch job, just that it seems to handle
everything else anyone throws at it. My guess would be that all of your
backgrounds would have to be the same color...

On a one-at-a-time basis, you could do the conversion in Photoshop as
long as you have the GIF89a plug-in.

Guy Ivie

GuyI -at- corpmail -dot- follett -dot- com