Re: Transparent GIF's

Subject: Re: Transparent GIF's
From: Ginna Watts <gwatts -at- PIM -dot- BC -dot- CA>
Date: Fri, 16 May 1997 10:43:54 -0700

At 11:55 PM 5/15/97 -0500, Christine Bain wrote:

>2) I have been searching for a utility that can do batch conversions of
>GIF's to transparent 87a or 89a. I have not had any luck.

If you use Windows, JASC has a utility called Image Robot which batch
processes all kinds of image conversions and transformations. If you are
familiar with Paint Shop Pro, then it is very easy to use, since all of the
commands available in PSP can be added to a script.

>5) Yes there is one work around. Keep your background white. Not my
>personal preference, but if time is an issue, we do what we must. Like it
>isn't ever THE issue. ;-)

With Image Robot, you can select any colour to be the transparent one. It
doesn't have to be the background.

Ginna

Ginna Watts - Technical Writer
Pacific International Mapping Corp.