Re: Resume ideas

Subject: Re: Resume ideas
From: Nicholas Russon <nrusson -at- LAVASYS -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 16 May 1997 11:55:56 -0400

One of the most pretentious resumes I've ever received included
a photo of the applicant which took up about 1/3 of the page,
with the text on the left and the photo on the right. For the
record, the photo didn't automatically remove the candidate
from the competition, but it lowered his ranking a couple of
notches.

I'd strongly suggest to anyone doing this that anything over
perhaps 1/8 of the page is overkill...it certainly gave me, uh,
suspicions about the person submitting the resume. ;-)

As to the "FAQ" idea, I haven't seen it used yet, but it sounds
like an excellent notion. It certainly helps to determine whether
the interviewer has bothered to read your resume.

Regards,
Nicholas
Nicholas Russon
nrusson -at- lavasys -dot- com (work) nrusson -at- interlog -dot- com (home)
http://www.lavasys.com http://www.interlog.com/~nrusson

Visit my TH&B Railway home page:
http://www.interlog.com/~nrusson/thb/thb_home.html