Re: Frame imported graphics

Subject: Re: Frame imported graphics
From: Peter Brown <pbrown -at- MKS -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 15 May 1997 21:43:58 -0400

SUZANNE PYLE wrote:
> When you import into Frame, you have the option of importing by reference
> or copy into document. I can see the benefit in copying directly into the
> doc because Frame doesn't have to go hunting for graphics in some other
> directory which may not be with the source file. But, can you tell me good
> reasons for using the other option (import by reference)? I'm trying to
> make a wise decision on which way to go with graphic importing!
>
> thanks,
>
> Suzanne

Re: where graphics are relative to your documents:

You can establish a convention of where graphics are located in your
file system, and then import by reference. The path name to the
referenced graphic will be a relative one, so as long as the directory
location of your graphics remains in the same location *relative* to
your documents, you're fine.
For instance, you could put all graphics for one document in a
subdirectory of that document's location. Or, you could put all graphics
in one directory at the same level as the directories that hold your
docs, thus allowing all documents to "back up" to the parent directory
and find the graphics.

This allows you to "mirror" sections of your directory structure, to
keep a local copy, or a network backup, for instance. Fun stuff!