Re: HTML Reader - Shareware

Subject: Re: HTML Reader - Shareware
From: MacGyver <mlee -at- FDLDOTNET -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 14 May 1997 12:27:37 -0500

Diane Burke wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Is anyone aware of an HTML reader (shareware) that could be put on a CD for
> those who do not yet have access to the Web?
>
> TIA,
>
> Diane
>
> --
> Diane Burke
> TYDAC Research Inc.
> 2 Gurdwara Road, Suite 210
> Nepean, Ontario, Canada K2E 1A2
>
> 613-226-5525, Ext. 202
> dburke -at- tydac -dot- com
>
> "The human mind, once stretched to a new idea,
> never goes back to its original dimensions."
> -- Oliver Wendell Holmes

I just found one called HMView. This is their description.

Shareware, a full off-line HTML document viewer. "It is very useful for
authors of HTML documents who wish to distribute their pages on diskette
or any other off-line medium, and likewise for CD-ROM publishers and
publishing houses who require distributing information in digital
format.

A 500KB 16 bit windows version is available from

ftp://ftp.simtel.net/pub/simtelnet/win3/html/hmview10.zip

The following website has a lot of different Offline Web Browsers
(viewers) that can be downloaded. You might want to check it out. They
have 16 and 32 bit Windows versions but no Mac ones.

http://sage.cc.purdue.edu/~xniu/winsock/ws-ftp.htm

From what I can tell, they call them Offline Web Browsers rather than
HTML Viewers for the most part.

--
/`-_ Mac Funkhouser N9VST Mailto:mlee -at- fdldotnet -dot- com
{ }/ Ripon, WI 54971-1561