Re: Education on Resume

Subject: Re: Education on Resume
From: Alexia Prendergast <alexiap -at- SEAGATESOFTWARE -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 12 May 1997 15:33:48 -0400

I, like someone else mentioned earlier, value folks
who are curious and like learning -- whether teaching
themselves, taking classes, etc. If a person had started
several programs and never finished one, I might question
that person about it, but if they had finished a relevant
degree and gotten involved in other studies also, I'd
just think they liked learning. I think this would all
depend on their other qualifications/experience, etc.

I mentioned on my resume that I had a year of post-grad
physics (unrelated to the position) under my belt, which
prompted the interviewer to ask why? I sold
the point that I like finding out how things work --
which was relevant for the job. (I guess what I'm
saying is that relevancy can be relative -- something
unusual might get the interviewer's attention, at
which time you can make your point.)

Alexia

--
Alexia Prendergast