THX - User Manual/Help (Single Sourcing)

Subject: THX - User Manual/Help (Single Sourcing)
From: Gurudutt Kamath <guruk -at- GIASBM01 -dot- VSNL -dot- NET -dot- IN>
Date: Sat, 10 May 1997 21:54:44 +0530

Hello everyone!

Thanks a lot to everyone who wrote in regarding Help first or User Manual
first. As a result of the discussion, I got a whack in the head (or
pants) and have come to realize that having pre- conceived notions is bad
for technical writing. My conclusion is that you can write the User
Manual or the Help first. Yet another notion debunked was the need to use
one for the other. Thanks to time constraints and client requirements, I
will be writing the User Manual first.

As I have always maintained, listening to this group is like attending a
daily seminar on technical writing! Thanks a million everyone for your
contributions to this list.

(Sorry for the delay in the thanks. The message got dropped twice.
Carrier dropped, I mean.)

Guru

guruk -at- giasbm01 -dot- vsnl -dot- net -dot- in
http://members.tripod.com/~Kamath