Re: Education on Resume

Subject: Re: Education on Resume
From: "Tamminga, Ernie" <et -at- DSC -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 9 May 1997 16:33:17 -0700

On some resumes I've looked at, some folks who started a degree program,
but didn't finish it, included in the resume in a category of "other
classes taken" (or words to that effect), in which they identified
completed classes that were pertinent to tech writing, programming, etc.

I like that better than a more general statement saying that a degree
program was begun but not finished. It lets the candidate make clear
that they're not talking just about "general education" classes taken
toward a degree, but classes that relate directly to the type of
position we're hiring for.

If the "partial" degree included only classes that were NOT pertinent to
the position being applied for, I'd agree it's probably best not to
mention it at all unless it represents your only post-high-school
education.