Re[2]: age discrimination

Subject: Re[2]: age discrimination
From: Kathleen Padova <kpadova -at- ASICENTRAL -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 9 May 1997 12:19:00 -0500

Many years ago I was flown in for an interview at a university. I was
on the short list of 3 people. The person supposed to pick me up at
the airport got the times messed up and never showed. Through an
extremely weird circumstance my aunt happened to be at the airport and
she offered to drive me to the location.

During the interview someone point blank asked if the reason I didn't
rent a car was because I didn't meet the age requirement (I think
rentals in PA want you to be 23 or 25). I said no (even though I was
under 25), the reason was because they wouldn't accept my credit card
(which was a Discover card, when they first came out).

I didn't get the job. Whether it was due to my age or the person they
offered it to was more qualified, I have no idea. The position was
open again 4 months later. I didn't bother reapplying.

Kathleen
kpadova -at- millstar -dot- com

Subject: Re: age discrimination
Author: WRITER -at- SMTP (Buck & Tilly Buchanan) {writer -at- DHC -dot- NET} at MHS
Date: 5/9/97 10:35 AM

Joanne Greene wrote:

> That seemed like age discrimination to me.

The sneaky way they find out your age nowadays is "Please fax us a copy
of your SS card and driver's license.

Buck Buchanan
writer -at- dhc -dot- net
Arlington, TX