full-time to contract -- same company

Subject: full-time to contract -- same company
From: Pat Hinds <phinds -at- WCU -dot- CAMPUS -dot- MCI -dot- NET>
Date: Wed, 7 May 1997 19:50:04 -0400

Hi gang -

Going to quit lurking long enough to delve into the collective expertise
represented here.

I'm in the process of terminating my full-time employment with my company
and would love to continue working for the same company on a contract
basis. I am finding the transition process both stressful and more
difficult than I anticipated. (Can't burn any bridges! :) )

Any pointers? Please respond to me privately and I will summarize for the
list. Additionally, I would appreciate it if you would indicate whether
you've been through this transition personally or not.

TIA,

Pat Hinds
Phinds -at- wcu -dot- campus -dot- mci -dot- net