Re: Getting Through US Customs

Subject: Re: Getting Through US Customs
From: Peter Brown <pbrown -at- MKS -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 5 May 1997 10:23:35 -0400

My favourite crossing-the-border story is when I'm travelling from
Ontario over to New York or Michigan to see a sporting event. (This is
typical...)
---
"Purpose of your visit?"

"We're going to the Cleveland Cavaliers game."

"Ya, who they playin' tonight?"
---

Oh no, they're onto us! We planned to lie about going to the game, but
now realize we have NO IDEA who they are playing!! ;-) It reminds one of
the tried-and-true method of telling German spies from the good guys
back in the two wars. "Oh yeah, what was Babe Ruth's batting average in
1929???"

--
"Opinions? I've had a few. But then again, too few to mention."
Peter Brown, Technical Writer (pbrown -at- mks -dot- com)