Re: PDF bookmark generation [Ref:C025325]

Subject: Re: PDF bookmark generation [Ref:C025325]
From: Tom Tomasovic <Tom -dot- Tomasovic -at- NA -dot- NWMARKETS -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 1997 14:15:00 +0100

Joanne et al:

Not really a product, but Joel Geraci at Adobe
devised a Word template which does a bunch of this
kind of stuff. It creates bookmarks from a
selectable list of styles, creates links from TOC,
creates links from cross references (styles for
the links are selectable), and it will
automatically generate a PDF file (using the
Distiller), open it in Exchange(?), and populate
the document statistics. All in all, a pretty
neat package. There may be more, but that's
probably enough for a start. (BTW, it adds a menu
entry for these things to the menu bar.)

I'm not exactly sure how to get this thing (I got
it direct from him via my Acrobat sales rep), but
I think it's available on a web site.

This doesn't seem to be part of his job
description, so support is limited. I have used
it and modified it for my own specific needs and I
have never had any problems with it. In fact, the
only support I could ever have asked for would
have been help in modifying the macros for my own
purposes.

You might try either of the two Acrobat lists
(pdf-l or acrobat) for help in rounding this one
up. Acrobat is @blueworld.com and PDF-L is at
majordomo -at- emrg -dot- com -dot- PDF-L is hosted by Emerge, an
Acrobat reseller/VAR(?).

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Tom

<<Tom -dot- Tomasovic -at- na -dot- nwmarkets -dot- com>>

My words, not NatWest's.

Subject: PDF bookmark generation [Ref:C025325]
Author: INTERNET TECHWR-L -at- LISTSERV -dot- OKSTATE -dot- EDU at Multimessage
Date: 4/25/97 8:16 PM

Has anyone had any experience with generating PDFs of books from Word? Have
you had to create all the bookmarks manually?
Is there a product that can take a Word 7 file and generate the PDF
bookmarks as easily as this can be done with FrameMaker?