Terminology for Windows 95/MS Office 97

Subject: Terminology for Windows 95/MS Office 97
From: Bruce Byfield <bbyfield -at- AXIONET -dot- COM>
Date: Sun, 27 Apr 1997 11:06:46 -0400

<stephen -dot- p -dot- reynolds -at- AC -dot- COM> wrote:

>I would like to find a reference that gives the terminology >for all the components of the user interface for Windows 95/97

Try the latest version of the Microsoft Manual of Style. That should
give you what you need for Windows 95. Since Windows 97 isn't out (and
looks like it will be Windows 98), I don't know what to suggest.
However, from all reports, it's unlikely to be a major interface

Bruce Byfield (bbyfield -at- axionet -dot- com)
Technical Writer
IBM Pacific Development Centre
h: (604) 421-7189 o: (604) 293-5781

"And some have come for to see me hanged,
And some for to buy my fiddle,
But before that I do part wi' her,
I'll brak her through the middle."
--"Macpherson's Rant"

TECHWR-L (Technical Communication) List Information: To send a message
to 2500+ readers, e-mail to TECHWR-L -at- LISTSERV -dot- OKSTATE -dot- EDU -dot- Send commands
Search the archives at http://www.documentation.com/ or search and
browse the archives at http://listserv.okstate.edu/archives/techwr-l.html

Previous by Author: Looking to Telecommute/Freelance Part Time
Next by Author: A contracting season?
Previous by Thread: Re: Terminology for Windows 95/MS Office 97
Next by Thread: Re: Terminology for Windows 95/MS Office 97

What this post helpful? Share it with friends and colleagues:

Sponsored Ads