Re: Job Posting: Technical Marketing Writer

Subject: Re: Job Posting: Technical Marketing Writer
From: Melonie Holliman <mrh -at- ABMDATA -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 1997 10:00:49 +0000

Howdy, Yall:

Well, yall's arguments have convinced me. I sure don't
want the job postings to stop because of my pettiness.
I am not looking, but I like to see what is in demand.

It did get me thinking about the marketing vs. engineering
thing, though. Does anyone else feel pulled between the
two? I feel like there is a war going on in my company.
Is this normal for the software development process?

Every time I get a manual ready to print, my boss pulls
it and says hold off. Then the marketers scream "we won't
have a manual". I think we have reached a compromise by
producing a low run of "Beta" manuals (since they will
service the beta customers).

Even with this solution, the war rages on. Anyone been
there? Each side has a great point. We don't want a
useless manual; yet we do want a manual released with the
software.

Guess I am just looking for a listening ear and any words
of wisdom yall have to offer.

Thanks,

Melonie Holliman
(mrh -at- abmdata -dot- com)