Re: Why do you do contract work?

Subject: Re: Why do you do contract work?
From: Sella Rush <SellaR -at- APPTECHSYS -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 1997 14:17:17 -0700

Just out of curiosity, why would it be a bad thing for an agency to fish
for data about what tech writers want and need? If they're looking for
ways to get an edge over other agencies in attracting good tech writers,
isn't this a good thing for us?

As a captive writer who sometimes takes on freelance work and plans to
move into full time freelancing in the next few years, I'd be interested
to know what I should be suspicious of ;-)