Seeking Reference to Grammar Book for UK Punctuation

Subject: Seeking Reference to Grammar Book for UK Punctuation
From: Nancy Hoft <nhoft -at- WORLD-READY -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 1997 12:30:51 -0500

Hi Everybody,

I've had a request for a reference to a reputable grammar book that
explains formal UK punctuation. In particular, we seek rules for
comma use. Also, if any of you were educated or worked in the UK and
know the comma rule for separating items in a series, I'd appreciate
collecting your responses.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers, Nancy Hoft

Send replies to: nhoft -at- world-ready -dot- com

N A N C Y H O F T
Ph.D. Student, Rhetoric and Technical Communication
Michigan Technological University
PHONE: +1 906/482.5658 FAX: +1 906/482.0019
SMAIL: 209 W. Douglass Ave, Houghton, MI 49931-2221 USA
EMAIL: nlhoft -at- mtu -dot- edu -or- nhoft -at- world-ready -dot- com
WEB: http://www.world-ready.com