Re: Color seps from Frame

Subject: Re: Color seps from Frame
From: Yvonne DeGraw <yvonne -at- SILCOM -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 1997 08:35:17 -0700

Geoff Hart (geoff-h -at- mtl -dot- feric -dot- ca) wrote:

> Theresa Perkins asked for advice with printing color
> separations from Frame. Theresa, try using Acrobat 3.0,
> which has vastly improved prepress abilities.

Sounds like a good idea. I don't do many color seps, so haven't tried this.

One warning: By default Acrobat Distiller uses JPEG image compression, which
is "lossy" -- some information is lost in the compression. You'll probably
want to change the compression to LZW (the compression used for GIF files, I
believe) so that no detail is lost when you are using Acrobat for pre-press.

Choose Distiller-->Job Options to set the image compression method.
Yvonne DeGraw, Technical Services o Technical Writing
yvonne -at- silcom -dot- com o Web Authoring
http://www.silcom.com/~yvonne/ o Database Design and Publishing
Tel: 805/683-5784 o User-Interface Design
Fax: 805/892-5179