Re: Comments on IXgen?

Subject: Re: Comments on IXgen?
From: Ginna Watts <gwatts -at- PIM -dot- BC -dot- CA>
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 1997 12:00:25 -0700

At 08:06 AM 4/21/97 +0800, you wrote:

>Bruce Byfield (bbyfield -at- axionet -dot- com) said:
>> Does anybody on the list use IXgen,the indexing and marker Frame
>> utility? If so, what are people's opinions of it?
>
>I like it. Briefly, I don't think you save lots of time in entering the
>index tags, but going from the first draft to the final index is much
>much faster.

I found all these things when I used the demo. BUT - I found that when you
edited the markers from IXgen and wrote them back to the file, there were
some problems. Mostly, every file gave me a 'this document uses
unavailable languages' message. I then had to open and save every file,
substituting languages. Since I have 50+ files in the book, this became a
headache. I don't know why the problem occurred, maybe because we use UK
English and the product is American, but I could't find any kind of setting
to adjust this. The verdict: I didn't purchase the product. It didn't save
me enough time.

Ginna

Ginna Watts - Technical Writer
Pacific International Mapping Corp.