Re: What do you call that thingamajig?

Subject: Re: What do you call that thingamajig?
From: Chris Hamilton <chamilton -at- GR -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 1997 10:50:53 -0500

When I taught Windows classes, I called it the Ghostbusters symbol. It's
been 13 years or so since Ghostbusters came out, so I suppose it's not
that effective anymore. In text (if you're writing for an American
audience), I'd describe it, then compare it to the symbol on a no U-turn
sign, 'cause no matter what you call it, you'll still have to explain it
for most people.
Chris Hamilton, Technical Writer
Greenbrier & Russel

Spock: "Random chance seems to have operated in our favor."
McCoy: "So in plain, non-Vulcan English, we got lucky."
-- The Doomsday Machine

TECHWR-L (Technical Communication) List Information: To send a message
to 2500+ readers, e-mail to TECHWR-L -at- LISTSERV -dot- OKSTATE -dot- EDU -dot- Send commands
Search the archives at or search and
browse the archives at

Previous by Author: Anyone heard of this Tufte guy?
Next by Author: Re: Frame 5.1.1, Windows 95 and PostScript
Previous by Thread: Re: Anyone heard of this Tufte guy? -Reply
Next by Thread: Job Opportunity - ORLANDO, FL

What this post helpful? Share it with friends and colleagues:

Sponsored Ads