Re: Plural of "mouse"

Subject: Re: Plural of "mouse"
From: cjs10 -at- CORNELL -dot- EDU
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 1997 10:41:30 -0400

Yes to Tracy's comment there. Ability to recognize jargon words is not a
good indicator of intelligence.

I think we can all assume that new computer users know what mouse means
in the context of their computer, if for no other reason than that the word
will probably have been on the packaging the mouse came in. "Pointing
device" on the other hand needs to be explained.

No reason the thing can't be called a mouse pointing device in the first
instance (at least in
some contexts), after which you'd have the option of using "pointing
device(s).

Joanna