Re: Microsoft Manual of Style

Subject: Re: Microsoft Manual of Style
From: Jeanette Feldhousen <jeanette_feldhousen -at- MENTORG -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 1997 17:39:18 -0700

On Apr 14, 3:49pm, Wayne J. Douglass wrote:
> I have heard of "pointing devices" used as a plural form of computer
> rodentia. And why not? It's the "P" in the WIMP computers we're talking
about.

The inventor, Douglas Englebart, called it "X-Y Position Indicator for a
Display System" in his patent, which sounds even worse to me.

Is the problem of referring to more than one mouse something that people
run into frequently? I can't think of many situations where you'd want to
refer to more than one of the critters.

--Jeanette

--
Jeanette Feldhousen jeanette_feldhousen -at- mentorg -dot- com
Mentor Graphics Corporation (503) 685-4715