Re: Managing Help Files

Subject: Re: Managing Help Files
From: "Wayne J. Douglass" <wayned -at- VERITY -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 1997 09:23:47 -0700

At 10:50 AM 4/13/97 -0500, Buck Buchanan wrote:
>2. No attachments, no loyalty to the emploee is required. In some
>contracts we consultants are really second class citizens.

Very frequently second class status is mandated by employment laws. If you
treat a contractor like a full-time employee, you leave youself open to a
claim from the contractor that they are *really* a full-time employee and
entitled to benefits, etc. - exactly the situation you are trying to avoid
in the first place. In theory contractors should not attend company and
department meetings. And birthday parties? - forget about it.

--Wayne Douglass