short runs

Subject: short runs
From: Stuart Burnfield <slb -at- FS -dot- COM -dot- AU>
Date: Sun, 13 Apr 1997 20:43:46 +0800

Terry -

Sue Gallagher <sgallagher -at- expersoft -dot- com> said:
> Well, Idunno about the UK, but here, that sounds like a job for
> a Docutech (TM) print shop. An infoseek search for "docutech"
> yields 1200+ sites -- surely one of them will be a UK connection.

Yep, we use a Docutech shop for similar manuals to yours -- 90 - 250
pages, Reylux (sp?) card covers, wire-O binding. We do small runs
(10 - 30 copies) on same-day or next-day turnaround.

It sounds as though you've found the name of a printer for your immed-
iate needs. Still, I suggest you chase up the names of a few suitable
Docutech printers in your area, just in case you're not happy with your
new shop. You want someone who delivers good quality work on time. You
also want someone with good technical people who understand the equip-
ment.

We asked the local Xerox office for the names of Docutech shops in our
city, and especially ones who knew what they were doing.

Note that the basic Docutech is just a fancy photocopier. If you want to
send them electronic files and not paper masters, you need a Docutech
with the media unit (I think that's what it's called). I find it very
convenient to be able to e-mail my documents in PostScript form.

Regards
---
Stuart Burnfield (slb -at- fs -dot- com -dot- au) Voice: +61 9 328 8288
Functional Software Pty Ltd Fax: +61 9 328 8616