Dictionary Reference Request

Subject: Dictionary Reference Request
From: Cheryl Kidder <chekid -at- SYMIX -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 1997 07:53:32 -0400

Hi All:

We're trying to choose a dictionary for our department and would like
to hear from you if you either love or hate the one you have.

We would prefer a fairly prescriptive dictionary - one that doesn't
list misspellings. However, we don't necessarily want the most
scholarly or the most intellectual, or one with fancy etymology. We
just need an easy-to-use, accurate, down to earth, day-in, day-out
dictionary. It doesn't even have to be strong in the technical words
category, since we will probably get another book for that purpose.

Any advice?

Thanks in advance,
Cheryl D. Kidder/Senior Information Developer
Symix, Inc.
chekid -at- symix -dot- com