Re: Web Server & Documents

Subject: Re: Web Server & Documents
From: David Blyth <dblyth -at- QUALCOMM -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 1997 13:45:26 -0700

Sorry about that. I should know better than to respond before reading
the rest of the digest. All those responses get jumbled up.... ;)

>I don't think you're dense, David. But I do think that HTML files
>will end up in more different places than just my company's server.
>Again, I've just released HTML docs on CD. Can you guarantee that
>those docs won't end up on some company's server or end-user's
>hard disk? I can't.

To repeat myself (repeat myself), that's not our problem. The
customer can melt the CD for all I care, just as long as they've
already paid for it. We are _not_ responsible for what our
customers do with our documents. They are. Our concern is to:

1) Think about our corporate resources
2) Write a good document

Should we change our hard copy page size because we're concerned
that customers don't have enough vertical shelf space? Frankly,
I'd be more concerned about what happens to my printing costs.

IMHO, the only thing we can control is how we set up our own Web
sites. In which case, we need to examine the tradeoffs of using
various operating systems. And we should probalby buy a Web server
(of whatever ilk) with lots of disk space.

David (The Man) Blyth
Technical Writer
QUALCOMM - Standard disclaimers apply. They don't represent me, I don't
represent them.

Blodo Poa Maximus