TechWhirl (TECHWR-L) is a resource for technical writing and technical communications professionals of all experience levels and in all industries to share their experiences and acquire information.
For two decades, technical communicators have turned to TechWhirl to ask and answer questions about the always-changing world of technical communications, such as tools, skills, career paths, methodologies, and emerging industries. The TechWhirl Archives and magazine, created for, by and about technical writers, offer a wealth of knowledge to everyone with an interest in any aspect of technical communications.
Company: NetDynamics, Inc.
Position: Senior Technical Writer
Location: Menlo Park, CA
Responsibilities: Creating and designing end-user product documentation for
a technical audience. The key objective is to create comprehensive API and
programming reference documentation for a target audience of business
application developers interested in the Web as an applications platform on
intranets; these users possess varying degrees of sophistication in
applications development and Web authoring.
* 3-5 years of experience writing to developer, programmer, and sysadmin
* Experience in Java programming and the ability to write Java code samples.
* Ability to develop sample applications and Java applets that will be
packaged with the product.
* Willing to consider comparable C++ programming, code-sample creation, and
sample-applications development experience.
* Experience in HTML and online help authoring.
* Thorough knowledge of FrameMaker 5 and RoboHELP.
* Prior experience writing API and programming reference documentation.
* SGML background/experience.
* Technical illustration skills.
* Developmental and copy editing skills.
* Indexing experience.
* Background in UNIX and SQL.
185 Constitution Dr.
Menlo Park, CA 94025
Email: nanda -at- netdynamics -dot- com
PLEASE NOTE: No phone calls, please. PRINCIPALS ONLY.