Re: Re[2]: Wasting time??

Subject: Re: Re[2]: Wasting time??
From: Phillip Wilkerson <phillipw -at- ALLENSYSGROUP -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 1997 15:49:34 -0500

Don:
Susan's original question was (in my own words) "how can a manager tell if
people are wasting time?"

My answer was that a manager can easily tell when people are wasting
time--and without having to micro-manage. The obvious hallmarks of a
time-waster (as listed previously) surface quickly and are self-evident.
I've managed a writing group (so far) for three years--and I've seen all
the tricks I listed.

'Nuff said. I've wasted enough time on this thead.

Phil

Phillip C. Wilkerson
Manager of Technical Communications
Allen Systems Group, Inc.
----------
> From: Don Smith <dsmith -at- ACCESSBEYOND -dot- COM>
> To: TECHWR-L -at- LISTSERV -dot- OKSTATE -dot- EDU
> Subject: Re[2]: Wasting time??
> Date: Thursday, April 03, 1997 3:13 PM
>
> "How about, learn to recognize when your own or your colleagues'
> behavior and symptoms are telling you that something needs
attention,
> change, vacation, etc.
>
> Regards,
>
> Peter Gold"
>
> Right on, Peter. It also seemed to be proving the old axiom that
some
> people would be *much* happier if they were a Tech Writer, not a
Tech