Re: The First Job- how to get it

Subject: Re: The First Job- how to get it
From: "c. dennison" <cathyd -at- EROLS -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 1997 17:57:11 -0500

Hello everyone,
Reading this reply brought back memories of my first job after
graduating from college. It was a Tech Writer's job at NASA as a
contractor. Actually, the main reason I landed the job, was timing. They
needed someone quickly, and since at that time I was unmarried, I could
be there when they needed me. Timing is a big factor in landing a job.
Once you get the position, do the best you can, and learn all you can!
When I arrived at NASA, I thought the technical procedures would be
handwritten, but no. They delivered to me an IBM XT. I had a degree in
Physics, but hadn't had to use the IBM type of computer (I knew a little
about the old card system). So I had to learn the computer and develop
procedures. It was a fun year.

Now a question for ya'll. Does anyone know of any companies that allow
employees to telecommute in the field of Tech. writing? (especially, in
the VA.-NC area).

Thanks for any leads.

Cathy