Re: The First Job - how to get it

Subject: Re: The First Job - how to get it
From: Alex Ragen <alex -at- CHECKPOINT -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 1997 09:34:06 +0300

Tech Writer Wannabees-
Just to add my own experience to the list: I got my first tech writing job
(as tech editor of a well-known programming magazine, no less!) by
answering a classified ad. It was a part time job, and my qualifications
were about 15 years of programming experience and more important (as I
learned later): I was the only one of the candidates willing to come to the
office once a week to pick up the articles to be edited. All the other
candidates insisted on the material being delivered to their doorsteps.
So the moral is: you never know where you'll strike gold, so you might as
well look everywhere.
--Alex