Re: can Acrobat files be edited?

Subject: Re: can Acrobat files be edited?
From: "Huber, Mike" <mrhuber -at- SOFTWARE -dot- ROCKWELL -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 1997 11:09:17 -0600

I don't know about software conversion of Acrobat files, but there are a
lot of scanners out there. Anybody could just dump the files to a
printer, and run the paper through a cheap scanner with OCR. I bought
(for strictly legitimate purposes involving my own artwork) a very nice
scanner for less than $400 including OCR software. And then there may
well be hacks that route printer files directly into OCR, and skip the
hardware altogether.

Technology is not a cure for plagiarism. If it can be read by a person,
it can be duplicated.