Courses in Technical Writing

Subject: Courses in Technical Writing
From: Chris Hargens <ldmr -at- CRUZIO -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 1997 13:59:48 -0600

I live in the San Francisco Bay area. I've been considering taking
some courses in technical writing. Right now, I'm at the research stage.
The local colleges don't seem to offer much--a course or two, but not an
organized progam of study. One private school, The Webster Institute of
Technical Skills, offers a twenty week program--two classes a week--which,
among other things, includes work on Manual Writing and Frame-Maker, and
also an internship program. The cost is around $3,ooo. Does anyone have
experience with this program? Any suggestions about other,less expensive
programs of study--perhaps online?

Chris Hargens