Re: Parentheses with other Punctuation - Question

Subject: Re: Parentheses with other Punctuation - Question
From: "M. Dannenberg" <midannen -at- SI -dot- BOSCH -dot- DE>
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 1997 10:57:07 +0100

> An example of what I am interested in would involve multiple sentences
> within the parentheses. An example might be
>
> Text text text text (Text text text. Text text text. Text text text.) text
> text text.

Wild stuff. Written by somebody who thinks English is just like C++, no
doubt. I usually simply flatten the structure, in this case take the
sentences in brackets and insert them behind the main one. In 90% of all
cases that is all that's required to fix a mess like that.

Mike

Mike Dannenberg
Technical Writer
ETAS GmbH & Co.KG