Parentheses with other puctuation - Question

Subject: Parentheses with other puctuation - Question
From: Mike Ingram <MIngram -at- SCIENTECH -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 1997 09:15:57 -0700

Hi everyone,
I have a little problem that doesn't seem to be addressed in the references
I have. Perhaps someone out there can help:

It's pretty clear that you omit a period at the end of a sentence that is
included within another sentence (Chicago, etc.). But what about when
there's multiple sentences included within another sentence? I can't come up
with any solution that seems ok. Would you use periods to end all sentences
except the last? Use periods anyway? Use semicolons? Heck, I don't know.
Perhaps a tussel with the authors to convince them to rewrite the material
is the best solution.

Thanks for any guidance or advice.

Mike Ingram, Senior Writer/Editor SCIENTECH, Inc.
mingram -at- if -dot- scientech -dot- com 1585 N. Skyline Drive
(208) 528-3739 (voice) Idaho Falls, ID 83402
(208) 523-9380 (fax) http://www.scientech.com