Copiers and washed-out images

Subject: Copiers and washed-out images
From: Peter Crimmin <peter_crimmin -at- VIS -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 1997 14:52:16 -0500

I had a variation of this problem. I would print a master using a laser
printer (looked great); I would test on my office copy machine (looked
great); and then I would send the master to the commerical copy center
(washed-out images).

The guy at the copy center pointed out the following:

* Small volume office copiers are optimzed for image quality.
* High volume office copiers are optimzed for speed.
* To get the speed, the strobes are brighter. The extra intensity washes out
your greyscale.

fwiw,

pc