Re: Web site of interest to Toronto conf. attendees

Subject: Re: Web site of interest to Toronto conf. attendees
From: Pete Kloppenburg <pkloppen -at- CERTICOM -dot- CA>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 1997 13:26:12 -0500

Beth shares:
> If you're going to the STC conference in Toronto, you
> might want to check out this Web site:

> http://www.hype.com/toronto/

> If you find something else on the Web about Toronto
> that's good, please share its URL!

Well, since you asked... www.now.com is the URL for
a local newspaper that covers all the local entertainment and
culture scene - museums, concerts, clubs, theatre, movies,
literary readings (Toronto is filthy with them) pretty much
whatever turns your crank.

It also covers the local political scene, and has a few feature
articles. If you don't appreciate liberal politics as much as I do,
you'd best ignore those. On the other hand, if you do lean to the
Left (and remember, this is Canada - our Right has at times
seemed well to the Left of the Democrats in the US) the articles
are well written and thoughtful.

Anyway, if you're thinking of catching a show or checking out
some of our fine museums - I recommend the Royal Ontario
Museum and the Art Gallery of Ontario - Now Magazine is
a good place on the Web to go.

Pete Kloppenburg
Technical Writer
Certicom