Re: product lite

Subject: Re: product lite
From: "Parks, Beverly" <ParksB -at- EMH1 -dot- HQISEC -dot- ARMY -dot- MIL>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 1997 10:03:51 -0700

Have you considered sticking "Professional" or "for Developers" on the
original product and letting the light version carry the original name?

Or how about adding "II" (Roman numeral two) to the light version? When
Ford came out with a smaller version of their Bronco, they called it the
Bronco II. (I think...if I'm wrong, someone will correct me. 8-)

Bev Parks
parksb -at- emh1 -dot- hqisec -dot- army -dot- mil

>Tina Cipolla[SMTP:tcipolla -at- ACCUSOFT -dot- COM] wrote:
>My company is planning to release a light version of one of our
>products. Basically it is going to be the original product minus a
>bunch of features; the advantage being that it will be sold at a
>reasonable price for the average consumer. (Our regular market is
>developers.) We are having trouble coming up with a name for the thing.
> Almost every word I can come up with that could be used after the
>product name has a negative connotation, which we don't want
<snip>