ForeHelp for Win3.1 and HTMLhelp

Subject: ForeHelp for Win3.1 and HTMLhelp
From: geoff-h -at- MTL -dot- FERIC -dot- CA
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 1997 10:41:51 -0600

About a year ago, I solicited opinions on ForeHelp as an
alternative to RoboHelp (we don't use MSWord) for producing
Windows 3.1 help. Well, the help project has finally been
approved, so now it's time for me to purchase an authoring
tool. At the time, most users of ForeHelp were generally
pleased with the tool. Is ForeHelp still a good choice for
producing help under Win3.1 (we're not moving to Win95
until all our clients do), and does it provide a good
growth into HTML-based help? We'll be doing some Webwork
too over the next year, so if ForeHelp will become an HTML
editor, this would let me learn a single tool and use it
for two purposes.

Another question: about a week ago, I asked about
extracting formatted text files from WinHelp files, but I
haven't seen the message appear in the digests. So once
again: Is there any way to extract a useful wordprocessor
document from a WinHelp file? (We're trying to recover some
text for a client who doesn't have access to the original
wordprocessor files... no idea why, and because they
loooked embarrassed, I'm not asking either.)