Re: CHAT: "Intercom" article

Subject: Re: CHAT: "Intercom" article
From: Kim Keegan <keegan -at- EXPLORERS -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 1997 09:37:02 -0500

Tim Altom wrote:

> Is that thing still around? It's from an old classic sci fi movie called
> "The Day The Earth Stood Still" and it's often considered a kind of tacit,
> funny password into the world of the technogeekdom. Presumably you're
> techno-hip if you recognize the line.
>
> My experience has been that Monty Python has a much stronger hold on the
> techno mentality. I've often heard cries of "run away, run away" drifting
> down the hallways, far more often than "Klatu, barrado, nickto".

Thanks to *everyone* for clearing this up for me. Maybe I'll read the
listings for the SciFi channel and watch it sometime! I was afraid that
some members would belittle me for my ignorance. :-) I tried reading it
backwards and other various deciphering methods (u talk or bar ad to
nick) - useless.

And yes, I am more familiar with Monty Python. I use "Run Away! Run
Away!" on some of our Intranet pages. And I have been known to use MP
quotes in my sig line from time to time.

Kim Keegan | keegan -at- explorers -dot- com
http://www2.explorers.com/~keegan