Re: software for a newbie

Subject: Re: software for a newbie
From: "Susan W. Gallagher" <sgallagher -at- EXPERSOFT -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 1997 11:33:10 -0800

I agree wholeheartedly with the lists of software tools that
others have posted, but I'd like to add one more. The
business world runs on relational databases -- most business
software slaps a customized, industry-specific front-end on
data stored in relational tables. Learning a relational
database and SQL (structured query language) will provide
insight into the way the software works so you can doc it
more effectively.

Sue Gallagher
sgallagher -at- expersoft -dot- com
-- The _Guide_ is definitive.