PDF or HTML?

Subject: PDF or HTML?
From: "Marlene J. Geary" <marlene -at- NECA -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 1997 00:12:48 -0500

My doc group is now in the process of researching publishing our
documentation manuals electronically. We're currently in the process of
deciding whether we should move with Acrobat's .pdf files, or stick to a
straight conversion to HTML when (1) offering those documents on an office
Intranet Web-site, and (2) offering those documents on CD-ROM or diskette.
We need to do both... Is there anyone out there who produces hard copy
documentation and publishes electronically for both things listed above?

There are pros and cons to each method, but what are folks out there doing?

We're probably moving to FrameMaker, so I'm definitely interested in hearing
about how Frame users convert to HTML, but I'm *mainly* interested in what
tools you've chosen to accomplish the electronic publication. If you have
Frame, what do you use? If you have Word/Interleaf/Ventura/etc., what tools
do you use?

Thanks folks.
Marlene

I freely and proudly claim no guarantee that this message is error-free.