Advice to Job Seekers

Subject: Advice to Job Seekers
From: "THOMAS A. JOHNSON" <am312 -at- TRAVERSE -dot- LIB -dot- MI -dot- US>
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 1997 08:01:37 -0500

The resume debate issue seems to be quieting down a bit, finally. I
thought I would summarize the issue in my own words.

Some employers will not hire you if you have a typo in your resume.

Some employers will overlook one, maybe two, typos, but you better have a
sharp looking resume (appropriate layout, nice paper, etc.)

Some employers won't hire you unless they know you.

My Conclusion:

Do everything you can to have a blemish-free resume. Nobody lost a chance
at an interview because they didn't have a typo in their resume.

But, if you only want to work for a boss that will help you improve your
skills, tolerates some level of imperfection and will look at your whole
skill set, you might consider putting some inconspicuous, insignificant
typoe ;) in your resume. Whatever you do, you take your chances and pray
that you end up working for a boss you can get along with.

Finally, it can't hurt to network. After all, why am I writing and
subjecting myself to the potential of techwr-l-wrath.

Tom Johnson
LoneTechWriter -at- juno -dot- com
am312 -at- traverse -dot- lib -dot- mi -dot- us

Let the hiring manager who is without typos toss the first resume.