Re: Children

Subject: Re: Children
From: "Marlene J. Geary" <marlene -at- NECA -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 1997 23:45:55 -0500

At 08:31 PM 2/28/97 +0000, Tom Tomasovic wrote:

>I am becoming a little disturbed that the level of heat is rising around
here. (By that, I mean attacks on >colleagues which have little to do with
differences of opinion about TC topics, but are degenerating into >"my
vocabulary's bigger than yours" jabs.)

>I would suggest to you all that this list should be a place for the
intelligent discussion of topics which >relate to technical communication.
It is a place where we should turn for advice, assistance, and support. I,
>personally, do not think it is an appropriate forum for expressing our
individual superiority in relation to >our colleagues. There are plenty of
areas where obnoxiousness and hate are welcomed and encouraged. Let's >not
make this one of them.

>Can we play nice together now? Please.

I heartily concur. Let's agree to disagree. I think it should be concluded
that (1) there are distinct camps with regards to errors and resumes, and
that (2) this subject should be shelved in the same bookcase that holds the
"Frame vs. Word" agonies. It can be discussed, but only with effort on each
side toward rational discussion.

Even if this topic continues, let's abandon the cry for "Battlestations" on
each side, ok?

I freely and proudly claim no guarantee that this message is error-free.