Re: QA Techniques in Writing and Production

Subject: Re: QA Techniques in Writing and Production
From: "Dr. Bill Warner" <DRBILLWARNER -at- WORLDNET -dot- ATT -dot- NET>
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 1997 22:01:00 -1000

Robert Plamondon wrote in response to David Orr:
>The real question is "How do we eliminate defects in our writing from
>the very beginning?"

Anyone who has already design and taught Business Writing--I would
greatly
appreciate your suggestions and ideas!

I am designing/developing a course in Business Writing for Online Help
and the Intranet. IS personnel (SME, Content Authors, New Media
Technology
and Intranet staff....).

For this Business Writing course, at a high level I am using a
PowerPoint slide show. My demo will be in MS Word and MS FrontPage.
The participants will complete prepared exercises in MS Word. I am
finishing a comprehensive manual. Through the art of cutting and
pasting, I am also incorporating everything into a RoboHELP (4 for
NT/95) online help system. This help system will also be converted for
placement on our Intranet. This is a tremendously large project. Since
I am starting from ground zero, as is this corporation--I need all the
help I can get.

Bill
Bill Warner, Ph.D.
E-mail: drbillwarner -at- worldnet -dot- att -dot- net
Kaleidoscope Training and Technology, Inc.
232 Central Avenue South
Wayzata, Minnesota 55391-1818
Business Phone: (612) 473-0263
Home Phone: (612) 473-3562