Training and Mentoring Programs - Anyone have them?

Subject: Training and Mentoring Programs - Anyone have them?
From: "Marlene J. Geary" <marlene -at- NECA -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 1997 10:35:57 -0500

>>* Train existing writers in quality principles
>>* Train existing writers in writing skills

Speaking of training, how many of you out there have a mentoring program at
your company? I'm in a dept. of two Writer/Editors (Technical Writing), and
I'm the newest to the group. My partner likes to think she's my mentor, but
she also likes to take credit for my work. That's another story.

I'm interested in finding out how your departments bring new writers into
the fold. Do you have established programs? Is it trial-by-fire? (That
was my situation, but it wasn't bad at all because I'd already been at the
company six years, just in another department.)

Thanks.