Re: Verbing Nouns

Subject: Re: Verbing Nouns
From: "Accentuated Brandname Creativity, Inc." <acreatyv -at- SATURN -dot- NET>
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 1997 14:51:34 -0500

... happens all the time (there's an example).

George Hayhoe's post added more examples -- scare, intrigue, sentence,
compress, note, advocate, remark.

Jerry Kindall's post added still more -- run, piece, moan, author, end,
point, trade, mention ("point" reminds one of click, drag, and drop, none
of them new).

Then, from the techwhirler sig, there are commune, list, command, serve,
state, help, sign, archive, document, search, question, mark.

Excuse me (there's another) if I record (ditto) homonyms and homographs.
Or if I miss any from their posts (there are two more) or the sig.

As Jerry's post made clear (though I know this wasn't his point, and doesn't
even reflect his viewpoint), these "shenanigans" are as much a non-issue in
computer industry jargon as they are in slang. There is *nothing* new or
wrong about this process.

Chuck Brandstater
acreatyv -at- saturn -dot- net