Re: TECHWR-L Digest - 25 Feb 1997 to 26 Feb 1997

Subject: Re: TECHWR-L Digest - 25 Feb 1997 to 26 Feb 1997
From: Stephen Victor <svictor -at- HOUSTON -dot- GEOQUEST -dot- SLB -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 1997 10:27:49 -0600

Robert Plamondon wrote:

> So I think one should ignore superficialities and go straight to the
> heart of the matter, when hiring.

Yes, we've grasped your opinion already. The difficulty is that several
of us believe that such "superficialities" as grammar and spelling are
indeed the heart of the matter. They are the most basic tools of the
writer's trade, and quite frankly I'm surprised to see someone who calls
himself a writer denigrating their importance so vigorously.

--
Stephen P. Victor Phone: (713) 513-2552
Technical Writer, Software Training Fax: (713) 513-2019